Rules & InformationQUEEN
- 1) Must be a resident of Mahaska County or participant in the Southern Iowa Fair.
- 2) Must be between the ages of 16 & 21 years of age.
- 3) Must never have been married or had children. If married during reign, your title goes to the 1st runner up.
- 4) Must be able to be at the Southern Iowa Fair July 15-20, 2019
a) Need to check in the Fair Office at 8:30 a.m. each morning for assignments
CHARM-POISE-PERSONALITY-ATTITUDE-OVERALL APPEARANCE-LEADERSHIP & CITIZENSHIP and CONTRIBUTIONS TO THEIR COMMUNITY.
- 1) Contestants may pick up entry forms at the Fair Office or download a form at
- 2) Entries must be returned to the Fair Office by July 9th at 3:00 p.m.
- 3) Entries must include a billfold size picture of yourself.
There will be a meeting of all Queen candidates on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at Smokey Row. This gives you an opportunity for socializing and getting a better understanding of the queen contest. Interviews will take place Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. Please wear appropriate attire. Final judging will take place on Monday, July 15, 2019 at the Free Stage at 6:00 p.mExamples of appropriate attire would include:
Interviews Thursday night: skirt, capri’s, casual dress
Final Judging Monday evening: Formal Attire.
2019 Fair QueenHannah Koellner
Hannah was also named the
2019 Iowa State Fair Queen!
Congrats, Hannah - we are so proud of you!
[ READ MORE ]