Monday, July 19 - 6:00 PM
Rules & InformationQUEEN
- 1) Must be a resident of Mahaska County or participant in the Southern Iowa Fair.
- 2) Must be between the ages of 16 & 21 years of age.
- 3) Must never have been married or had children. If married during reign, your title goes to the 1st runner up.
- 4) Must be able to be at the Southern Iowa Fair July 19-24, 2021
a) Need to check in the Fair Office at 8:30 a.m. each morning for assignments
CHARM-POISE-PERSONALITY-ATTITUDE-OVERALL APPEARANCE-LEADERSHIP & CITIZENSHIP and CONTRIBUTIONS TO THEIR COMMUNITY.
- a) Contestants may pick up entry forms at the Fair Office. Entries must be returned to the Fair Office by Tuesday, July 13 at 3:00 p.m. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- b) Entries must include a billfold size picture of yourself.
- c) There will be a meeting of all queen candidates on Wednesday, July 14th at 6:00 p.m. at Smokey Row. This gives you an opportunity for socializing and getting a better understanding of the queen contest.
- d) Thursday, July 15th, will be the first round of interviews at 6:30 p.m. at the Fair Office and appropriate attire will be required.
- e) Final judging will take place on Monday, July 19th at the Free Stage at 6:00 p.m. and formal attire will be required.
Skirt, Capris, Casual Dress.
Monday evening: Formal Attire.
2019 Fair QueenHannah Koellner
Hannah was also named the
2019 Iowa State Fair Queen!
Congrats, Hannah - we are so proud of you!
[ READ MORE ]