- Musts be a resident of Mahaska County or participant in the Southern Iowa Fair.
- Must be between the ages of 16 & 21 years of age.
- Must never have been married or had children. If married during reign, your title goes to the 1st runner up.
Must be able to be at the Southern Iowa Fair July 17-22, 2023
- Need to check in the Fair Office at 8:30 a.m. each morning for assignments.
- Queen must be able to be at the State Fair, August 10th through August 20, 2023 to participate in the judging and all Queen Contest events. If crowned Iowa State Fair queen, would be required to stay through the remainder of the State Fair.
Contestants will be judged on: CHARM-POISE-PERSONALITY-ATTITUDE-OVERALL APPEARANCE-LEADERSHIP & CITIZENSHIP and CONTRIBUTIONS TO THEIR COMMUNITY.
- Contestants may pick up entry forms at the Fair Office or print it off our website. Entries must be returned to the Fair Office by Tuesday, July 11th at 2:00 p.m. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Entries must include a billfold size picture of yourself.
- There will be a meeting of all queen candidates on Wednesday, July 12th at 6:00 p.m. at Smokey Row. This gives you an opportunity for socializing and getting a better understanding of the queen contest.
- Thursday, July 13th, will be the first round of interviews at 6:30 p.m. at the Fair Office and appropriate attire will be required.
- Final judging will take place on Monday, July 17th at the Free Stage at 6:00 p.m. and formal attire will be required.
Examples of appropriate attire would include:
Skirt, Capri’s, Casual Dress
Monday Evening - Formal Attire.