Rules & InformationQUEEN
- 1) Musts be a resident of Mahaska County or participant in the Southern Iowa Fair.
- 2) Must be between the ages of 16 & 21 years of age.
- 3) Must never have been married or had children. If married during reign, your title goes to the 1st runner up.
- 4) Must be able to be at the Southern Iowa Fair July 16-21, 2018
- a) Need to check in the Fair Office at 8:30 a.m. each morning for assignments.
CHARM - POISE - PERSONALITY - ATTITUDE -OVERALL APPEARANCELEADERSHIP & CITIZENSHIP and CONTRIBUTIONS TO THEIR COMMUNITY.
- 1) Contestants may pick up entry forms at the Fair Office or download a form at www.southerniowafair.com
Entries must be returned to the Fair Office by July 10th at 3:00 p.m. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- 2) Entries must include a billfold size picture of yourself.
- 3) There will be a meeting of all Queen candidates on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at Smokey Row. This gives you an opportunity for socializing and getting a better understanding of the queen contest. Interviews will take place Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Please wear appropriate attire. Final judging will take place on Monday, July 16, 2018 at the Fair’s Free Stage at 6:00 p.m.
Examples of appropriate attire would include:
Interviews Thursday night: skirt, capri’s, casual dress
Final Judging Monday evening: Formal Attire.
2017 Fair QueenLeah Van Maanen
Leah was also 3rd Runner Up at the Iowa State Fair Queen Contest!