Monday, July 18 - 6:00 PM
Rules & Information
- Musts be a resident of Mahaska County or participant in the Southern Iowa Fair.
- Must be between the ages of 16 & 21 years of age.
- Must never have been married or had children. If married during reign, your title goes to the 1st runner up.
- Must be able to be at the Southern Iowa Fair July 18-23, 2022
- Need to check in the Fair Office at 8:30 a.m. each morning for assignments.
- Queen must be able to be at the State Fair, August 11th through August 21, 2022 to participate in the judging and all Queen Contest events. If crowned Iowa State Fair queen, would be required to stay through the remainder of the State Fair.
Contestants will be judged on: CHARM-POISE-PERSONALITY-ATTITUDE-OVERALL APPEARANCE-LEADERSHIP & CITIZENSHIP and CONTRIBUTIONS TO THEIR COMMUNITY.
- Contestants may pick up entry forms at the Fair Office. Entries must be returned to the Fair Office by Tuesday, July 12th at 2:00 p.m. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Entries must include a billfold size picture of yourself.
- There will be a meeting of all queen candidates on Wednesday, July 13th at 6:00 p.m. at Smokey Row. This gives you an opportunity for socializing and getting a better understanding of the queen contest.
- Thursday, July 14th, will be the first round of interviews at 6:30 p.m. at the Fair Office and appropriate attire will be required.
Final judging will take place on Monday, July 18th at the Free Stage at 6:00 p.m. and formal attire will be required.Examples of appropriate attire would include:
Skirt, Capris, Casual Dress.
Monday evening: Formal Attire.